Arroz Verde con Pollo (Green Rice with Chicken)


Although when I was younger, I never thought twice about learning to cook, food and dinner time has always been very important in my family. My dad always let us know the importance of getting together at dinner time and share a tasty and gratifying plate of food. Now that my family has moved to Houston, I had to finally learn all the delicious meals my mom makes. I'm always going to be amaze on how much food people eat in Peru. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all special meals. I believe we truly live by the saying we live to eat not eat to live.

Because I love taking photos and cooking relaxes me. I decided to make and photograph all of our family's favorite Peruvian dishes. Today I made a delicious Arroz verde con Pollo (Green rice with Chicken.

Peruvian - Arroz verde con pollo




Ingredients

* 6 pieces chicken
* salt and pepper
* 1/2 cup oil
* 1 big red onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1 cup fresh cilantro, blended in a food processor with a little water
* 1 bell peppers, (optional)
* 2 cups rice
* 1 cup mix peas and/or carrots
* 2 1/2 cups chicken stock

Directions

1- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Fry in oil until golden brown and remove from fire. Leave to cool.

2- In the same oil, saute the chopped garlic, onion, bell peppers and cilantro.

3- Add the rice and mixed peas. Mix well for a couple of minutes. Add chicken stock (salt if needed) and simmer for another 20 minutes or until rice is cooked and slightly burnt at the bottom.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy that looks really good..............its ur sis by the way Romi....i didnt know u knew how to make this ...........u need to come here and cook next time...